Monday, July 21, 2008

AaL featured on Invisible Children!

So I'm too tired to say much about it... just check it out: http://www.invisiblechildren.com/blog/2008/07/16/use-what-youve-got/. I like their title, "Use What You've Got." It reminds me of the story Jesus told about the 3 servants who were given money to invest while their master was gone. What that story means to me is that one day, we're all going to give an account about what we did here on Earth with what we had (talents, treasures, time). We have what we have for a reason. I know this might sound crazy to some, but I really hope that I've been given some opportunities that I never would've had if I didn't have dreads. I've talked with people that were probably drawn to me by the fact that I have dreads. A simple example is telling people trying to sell me drugs that I don't need them to be happy, which seems to confound most of them. Simple things, perhaps, but I think they're significant and haven't just happened by chance. I think I've also gotten more free food since the dreads, which is probably nontrivial in the scheme of life but still pretty awesome! :-) So much for a short entry...

No comments: